1. Who can enter?
Participation is FREE and open to all bodyshops and paintshops wishing to submit an entry in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Participation (see above) and who are able to attend Automechanika Birmingham (6 June 2023). Participation is free of charge. Bonnets will be provided.
2. Judging Criteria & Scoring
The judges will review all entrants after the deadline on May 1st, we will then announce the shortlist and the final judging will take place on the 6th June live at Automechanika and winners of the judging vote and the public vote will be announced on the 7th June at Automechanika live on the Bodyshop Workshop Hub. Families of finalists are welcome.
The scoring criteria
-Creativity – 25 pts
-Interpretation of theme 25 pts
-Technical difficulty 40 pts
-Bonus points for airbrushing 10pts
All entrants will be informed of the results within the second day of Automechanika Birmingham 2023. Visitors and fans of Automechanika can also vote for their favorite design via the website. The team with most votes will receive an Automechanika People's Choice Award
The winner will receive vouchers. The prize is not transferable.
4. The finalist bonnets
Will be displayed at the centre of the Paint & Spray Live area during Automechanika Birmingham. The finalist is responsible for organising transportation of the bonnets and will need to leave the bonnets there for the whole show 6-8 June.
7. IP-Rights By participating in the Body & Paint Competition the Participant agrees,
• That the presented and provided products/bonnets at the Body & Paint Competition are photographed and filmed by third parties and Messe Frankfurt. This consent includes all brands or rather protected trademarks, which are attached to the product itself or rather in close proximity to it. Messe Frankfurt assumes no liability for the creation and usage of the recordings by third parties.
• That the provided fotos/videos of the creation of the artwork as well as the fotos/videos/artwork/bonnets displayed during Automechanika Birmingham are evaluated through the jury, published, duplicated and used for editorial reporting as well as for marketing and advertising purposes for the event “Body & Paint Competition” of Automechanika and Messe Frankfurt in part or in whole, in connection with other presented products, modificated, for commercial and non-commercial purposes, in all known and unknown usage and exploitation types (especially the Automechanika event and company’s website and download area for journalists, social media sites such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, apps, national and international print, follow-up mailings, intranet and archiving e.g.), where appropriate along with the company name or Participant name. The Participant consents for these to be processed, translated, dubbed and subtitled into all languages, and used. Furthermore for this purpose the photos/videos may also be sent to third parties or rather with Messe Frankfurt contractually linked companies and service providers such as advertising agencies.
• The Participant ensures that the provided and presented photos/films/creations/bonnets and brands or rather protected trademarks are free of third-party rights and that no personal rights are infringed by the described usage. The Participant will release Messe Frankfurt from any and all third-party claims resulting from such infringement. In this context “Messe Frankfurt” means Messe Frankfurt Exhibition GmbH including its affiliated companies in accordance with Section 15 of the German Stock Corporation Act (AktG). Thus the above named rights of use may also be exercised by all affiliated companies as well as transferred and/or sublicensed to them